Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Impossible Pie


Impossible pie can best be described as an egg custard like pie with coconut. It was one of my grandmother's favorites. However, I can't say I'm a fan as I don't enjoy egg custard at all. This is a good way to use up some eggs that might otherwise spoil.

The greatest thing about impossible pie, you need NO pie crust! That's correct. It makes its own as it bakes. I can't tell you how many times I've went to make a pie and have no crust or the time to make one.

Impossible Pie Recipe:

4 eggs
2 cups of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of flour

Simply place the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat well. Place in a greased and floured pie plate and baked. 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text-Ads


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Feeds